Which Solar Panels Are the Best?
If you want to ask which solar panel is the best, you must first know the types of solar panels. Solar cells currently on the market are divided into amorphous silicon and crystalline silicon. Among them, crystalline silicon can be divided into polycrystalline silicon and monocrystalline silicon. So, which one is best? It's necessary to compare these two points:
1. Photoelectric conversion efficiency of the solar panel:
From the perspective of the photoelectric conversion efficiency of the three materials, it is: monocrystalline silicon (up to 17%)>polycrystalline silicon (12-15%)>amorphous silicon (about 5%). But crystalline silicon (single crystal silicon and polycrystalline silicon) basically does not have current under low light, and amorphous silicon has a good low light type (the energy is inherently small under low light). So on the whole, monocrystalline silicon or polycrystalline silicon solar cell materials should be used.
2. Solar panels' own advantages and disadvantages:
Advantages of monocrystalline silicon solar cells:
(2) Mono poly crystalline solar panels save space.
(3) Mono poly crystalline solar panels have the longest life span.
Disadvantages of monocrystalline silicon solar cells:
(1) Mono poly crystalline solar panels are the most expensive.
(2) If the solar panel is partially covered by shelter, dirt or snow, the entire circuit may be decomposed.
(3) Mono poly crystalline solar panels tend to be more efficient in warm weather.
Advantages of polysilicon solar cells:
(1) The process for manufacturing polysilicon is simpler and lower in cost. Compared with single crystal, the amount of waste silicon is less.
(2) The heat resistance of polycrystalline solar panels is lower than that of mono crystal solar panels.
Disadvantages of polysilicon solar cells:
(1) The efficiency of polysilicon solar panels is usually 13-16%. Due to the low purity of silicon, polycrystalline solar panels are not as effective as mono poly crystalline solar panels.
(2) Reduce space efficiency.
(3) Monocrystalline and thin-film solar panels tend to be more beautiful because they have a more uniform appearance compared to the spotted blue of polycrystalline silicon.